Monday 15 August 2016

SHEENA DOUGLASS - CHRISTMAS 2016

XMAS COASTERS 

Welcome to Teddyinks :)  Just thought I would share with you how I created the gorgeous coasters using Sheena's Vintage Christmas Stamps.....I used the Vintage Postcard for background and the Xmas Child stamp set......sooooooo easy and quick.   
I brought some plain MDF coasters, cheap as chips, (these are perfect for a little xmas pressi for someone)  I then blended them with some vintage distress ink, I found Marmalade is good to add with vintage for a really old look.  I done the base of which the coasters stand in too.   I then decided which stamps I wanted to stamp on, using black Staz on ink, this is permanent and will not come off with water.  Once stamps.....Oh, if you want to over lay a stamp which I done, use drawing gum, it works brilliantly on MDF.  Once you have designed and stamped your images on the coasters I then coloured using AquaBlend pencils...these worked a treat.  Once you have finished and are happy with your coasters.  I then brushed on some Mode Podge varnish over the top to protect them.  Lay them out to dry over night, they can be a tad sticky for a bit, and TA DAH........beautiful coasters.  You can use any design for any occasion using this method.   Hope you like them ...... Have fun xxx 



No comments: