Tuesday 24 May 2016

Sheena Douglass - Band Stamps

Sheena's new Band Stamps were such a joy to play with, great for the males in your life and also the rock chics.  In this set of new stamps there are also some really cool little background stamps which really fills your creation and gives it that finishing touch, they make brilliant backgrounds and add that extra rock feel also fab for all mixed media and their uses are really endless. There are brilliant words too as always ....   

 

My samples below are made using a variety of mediums which includes aquatints, distress inks, gilding wax and foil along with SN sparkle pens (which are lush) Oh .... and my old faithful, geliplate.  I used the skulls from the The Day of Dead collection on my canvas which is my favourite, you can't go much wrong with a canvas, I just get carried away and never know how its gonna turn out, its always a surprise hee hee....anyway, I hope my samples give you some inspiration......its so endless what you can achieve with these stamps and a little imagination..... ♥




Canvas using a mixture of mediums, stencil with paste, wax, skulls from the Day of the Dead collection and that most GORGEOUS rose.......





The drums were embossed and the corners were done with the little stamps that came with the collection.  I absolutely love the little background stamps, so useful.  Embossing and gilding wax was used also.  Oh....and the music stamp from The Day of the Dead collection. 






Aquatins for background....the audience hands were a brilliant idea from Sheena, they can be utilised over and over....I have stamped in black and stamped over again leaving an shadow and silver embossed.  The silhouette of the band playing stamp is brilliant to use. 






Now I know you cant have a favourite but I would be fibbing if I said I didn't hee hee, I love this Rose and the petals falling,  I have stamped, black embossed twice, cut out and coloured with distress ink, used those lovely background stamps and stamped the sentiments.   






The microphone is a cool image.....its use is endless.  Here I have stamped and colour with the SN sparkle pens and again embossed the corner stamp. 






For this one the silhouette of the band stamped in black, and for the background I used ink on geliplate and stamped the background stamps.......Great male card who is into his rock.  





Again, Geliplate background using the background stamps.....I really like the background on this one, corning stamp used and the drums embossed in the middle and colours with SN sparkler pens. 





Geliplate background with background stamps......Rose stamped and guitars and amplifier, used drawing gum to do the over stamping. 





With this one I stamped the rose and corner stamp in black and embossed used the foil to  rub randomly over parts of the erased areas whilst the embossed areas were still hot.  You can always heat them again if you want to put more foil on ...... Easy Peasy


 

1 comment:

Quirky Shepherd said...

Love these Jo, there are so many possibilities, I could play for a long time with these and mixing them with other stamps xx